Fabricators are very important Buildables for your Spaceship. All Fabricators use Resources, and can craft specific Items. There are a few different types of Fabricators in Dredark (All can be found at the bottom of the page).
Basic Fabricator Information
- All Fabricators have a height of 3 blocks and a width of 2.5 blocks.
- Some Fabricators can craft some of the same Items as other Fabricators.
- All Fabricators use Resources.
- Most Fabricators can be crafted at the Starter Fabricator itself, you start with one Starter Fabricator automatically.
Exterior Appearance Explanation
1) All Fabricators have their own icon, as you can see this is the Munitions Fabricator.
2) This screen indicates the Item currently being produced(crafted).
3) The three horizontal bars indicate how much Resources are stocked in the Fabricator currently.
4) The Item is slowly getting pushed upwards and will fall down in a straight line. If the ground is where it is in the picture, it will be directly dropped to where the 6) marker is pointing at.
5) Laser beams that are moving when the production is ongoing.
6) The finished product.
Note the bottom light will flash red when one of the required materials are out. More materials must be put in to continue production.
The Original Fabricator
In the early versions of the game, before there was even a Legacy Fabricator, there was Fabricator simply named "Fabricator". Here's a small GIF file displaying it crafting a removed Item known as the "Hammer", which did the same effects as the Wrench tool.
After the original Fabricator was removed, the Legacy Fabricator came into the game. The Legacy Fabricator can instantly transition into another type of Fabricator, though after a short amount of time passed, this Item became a rare. The developer removed the ability the craft it, though some players who had extra ones laying around when this happened got to keep them.